Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Flowers!

So, it's time to start thinking about bouquets. I'm really excited about it. We're using silk flowers for centerpieces and aisle decor, so the bouquets will be one of the few places we're using live blooms. As a result, I feel obligated to put a lot of thought into it, since they'll be representing all their Oxygen-producing, photosynthesizing brethren.

Here's what I know:
I want a mix of red and white flowers.
I want to add some organic elements like berries and fiddleheads.
I want the bridesmaid bouquets to just be smaller versions of mine.
I want tulips and lily of the valley to represent my Scandinavian heritage.

Since we're getting married in Florida, the growing season is much longer, so I know I'll have a wide variety of flowers available to me. I'm not too much of a traditional rose kinda gal, so I'm leaning toward what I consider more interesting options, such as:

Anemones and Tulips:

Peonies and Ranunculus:

Gardenia and Lisianthus:

Lily of the Valley and Stephanotis:

Hypericum Berries, Fern Fiddleheads, and Dusty Miller:

These are the bouquets that I'm using as my inspiration:




We'll probably incorporate some real versions of the silk cousins featured in our pomanders and centerpieces, just to make sure everything is cohesive. Did you do real or silk flowers for your ceremony and reception?

1 comment:

  1. so many beautiful flowers! I did the bouquets for my wedding and used real flowers. It took a while to get everything done but it was so worth it with the money I saved.

    ReplyDelete