Monday, August 2, 2010

DIY Tears of Joy

I have a fascination with Tears of Joy tissues:

So I've decided to make my own. The first step is to order glassine bags. They are the type of bags that stamp collectors keep valuable stamps in. I'm going a different direction- I'm opting instead to keep valuable Kleenex in mine.

They are relatively inexpensive and can be ordered from paper and philately supply stores (like how I worked in a S.A.T word?). I purchased my glassine envelopes from the NOLA Stamp Shop on eBay. The #3 size, which measures 4¼” x 2½”, is perfect for 2 tissues. If you purchase the travel-sized packs of tissues, they are already perfectly folded!

While Wayne was packaging up cocoa, I got to work on the tissue packets:

I ran out of tissues before I could get them all finished, but I'm well on my way to completing this DIY project.

A lot of folks have ordered custom labels from online label vendors, but that gets expensive when you factor in shipping. Instead, I purchased a rectangle paper punch and designed my own labels (which I clearly love to do):

Once I finish stuffing the remaining glassine envelopes, I'll do a ribbon wrap and affix the label on each packet. I intend to include them with the program on each chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment