Monday, August 16, 2010

Lip Balm Lovelies

I was a DIY machine this past week end. I doggedly plowed through project after project... until my printer ran out of ink! Ugh. With no motivation to voluntarily go out in the 95-degree heat in my un-air conditioned car, I came to a stand still.

Before said ink depletion, I finished by lip balm labels. I love only having to do 15 OOT bags, it makes doing things by hand actually feasible and not an act of mind-numbing tedium.

To make the labels, I used a string wrapped around a lip balm tube to find the circumference. Combined with the height of the lip balm label, I had my lip balm size: 2.125" X 1.675". I printed 12 on each sheet. I used laser brochure paper, which is slightly glossy and a little heavier than regular paper.

I had tried to use photo paper, which is even heavier, but the photo paper had NO interested in being cylindrical and no amount of adhesive could convince it!

I just cut out each label by hand and used a Tombo adhesive runner to adhere the labels to each tube. All in all, it only took about 1/2 hour to print, trim, and adhere all 15 labels.

Plus, these were a budget bonanza because I got the lip balms from a colleague that was giving them away as promotional items! AND, they're even tropical flavored (which I think is some sort of pineapple - coconut combo), which is perfect for a Florida OOT bag!

One more project done!

No comments:

Post a Comment