Sunday, August 8, 2010

Visit Florida (a.k.a. More OOT Bag Fun)

Next stop on the OOT bag express? Informational brochures. On my last trip home, I stopped at the Florida Welcome Center to collect informational brochures to place in my OOT bags. Not only did I want to highlight all the state has to offer (aside from theme parks), and I wanted to find anything highlighting the local area where we will get married. Boy did I hit the mother lode! I found information on hiking and paddling trails, state parks, and even travel tips for Florida.

I also spent some time shopping in local gift shops for cute local post cards. I found some kitschy Florida postcards with flamingos and alligators and I found cards from local attractions. Take a look at the booty:

In order to package them up for guests, I opted (for once) to take a relatively simple approach- I wrapped them like a package.

I took curling ribbon that you would commonly use to wrap gifts, and twisted it around the entire stack of brochures and postcards:

Although I had 3 rolls of curling ribbon, it was difficult to find enough to wrap all 15 stacks of brochures because I had a "helper," trying to steal and eat all the loose ribbons:

Despite all the "help," I was able to get all 15 stacks wrapped in a little under 1/2 an hour, so it was, by far the easiest OOT bag project to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment