Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Bridesmaid Survival Kits


I've been so inspired by other brides' projects that I've found on the web, especially bridesmaid survival kits. I hadn't really considered these before I saw them on other blogs, but after seeing all the great ideas, I had to come up with my own.

So, after a very productive trip to the dollar store, I now have 3 survival kits:

Final list of supplies:
Body spray
Deodorant
Mouthwash
Tums
Tylenol
Breath mints
Shout wipes
Lip gloss
Lint roller
Sewing kit
First aid kit
Manicure kit
Tissues
Cotton swabs
La Fresh wipes (nail polish remover, deodorant, makeup remover, hand sanitizer)

All of these handy items were enclosed in a little makeup kit that I also found at the dollar store.

I used the same design elements on the tag, but I changed the colors to match the case. I also incorporated the mint green that is on the Bridesmaid tote bags that I purchased each girl (Oriental Trading). Once it gets closer, I'll add a little pack of Hershey's Kisses.

The back of the tag has the following poem:

This Survival Kit was made just to say,
I'm thrilled you're beside me on my wedding day!
There's chocolate to give you that sugar high,
And a packet of tissues in case you should cry.
Lip gloss to help you care for your smile,
If a nail should break, I've included a file.
There is Shout if you should spill on your dress,
And mouthwash to keep your breath minty fresh.
There's Tylenol and Tums if it's ill that you feel,
And Band-aids to help you tackle high heels.
I've put everything in this handy pack,
So you'll know that this bride has got your back!
This kit was created so that you can see,
How much you mean to the bride-to-be.

I know that some folks think these little extras are unnecessary, but I think it's a sweet little gesture. Plus, I'll know that my girls will be ready to spring into action at any sign of trouble! :)

1 comment:

  1. Great article! Thanks for sharing I added some thoughts on fresh wipes sometime ago

    ReplyDelete