Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Ribbon Wand-erful!

I was stuck on the idea of wedding flags. Having people waving fun congratulatory words like "yay" and "congrats" and "hooray" just seemed like so much fun. While I've seen some pictures of flags and completed projects, I've never actually seen a photo of them in action, which gave me pause. Hmmmmm...

I knew I didn't want bird seed and I wasn't sold on bubbles, but I did want to provide folks with something for guests to do that would herald our new status as husband and wife. Then I found ribbon wands, and I fell in love. I mean, how fun will it be to skip back up the aisle, surrounded by a sea of waving ribbons? Never seen them in action? Take a look:

They seem so joyous and celebratory. That's exactly the feeling I would like to invoke at our ceremony. I ordered almost 60 white dowel rods from a craft vendor on Bonanzle for less than $7. I'm planning to purchase red satin ribbon from Nashville Wraps, which is approximately $6, so the whole project will cost less than $15... totally in the budget!

1 comment:

  1. I am really wanting some ribbon wands and my wedding, too!

    ReplyDelete