Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Flower Girl Gift

We struggled with fun ideas for gifts for our flower girl and junior groomsman. They are 6 and 10, respectively and I just wasn't thrilled with any of the gift ideas that I found online.

After some discussion, we ultimately decided to get them personalized totes, filled with fun little presents that fit each of their personalities (Barbie and princess for her and Star Wars for him). I did some searches for personalized totes and they are expensive! And typically the only personalization is names and/or initials. Then I took a trip to JoAnn Fabric and Crafts...

Cue sunlight through parting clouds and a heavenly choir-of-angels-ish sound. I found cute tote bags that were a complete bargain at $3.99 each. I got a white tote with pink trim for Caroline and a blue tote for Carson. To personalize them, I purchased iron-on sheets designed for dark fabrics. They are pretty genius because you don't have to create the design in mirror image for printing.

A few minutes with some graphics software and a couple minutes in the ink jet printer and voila! personalized totes for less than $6 each!

I matched the pink of the handles and trim with my handy-dandy Pantone swatches, just to nerd up the project. It worked well; however, and gave the final product a professional look (if I do say so myself...)It's uber-girly and filled with Barbie and princess goodies like make-up, stickers, and craft supplies. And I found a cute Flower Girl teddy bear from Oriental Trading to top it all off.

No comments:

Post a Comment