Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Dinner Decor

Well, I have pretty much spent over 40 blog posts talking about the wedding. Guess what, there is an event that happens even earlier on the calendar that I don't want to neglect... the rehearsal dinner!

Wayne and I are largely handling the dinner ourselves. We've booked the room in the restaurant of our choice (Bare Bones on Hernando Beach), and I'll be handling the rehearsal dinner decor. I wanted to stay with the same color scheme as the wedding, and keep the snowflake, cardinal, and branch motif. For the dinner; however, I wanted to go a little more rustic. More of a log cabin feel. The wedding is all about bling; I wanted the rehearsal dinner to be a little more casual.

I got my main inspiration from this lovely design by another bride blogger:

I love the pine cones, bird nests, and candles. Of course, the colors are all wrong, but that's easily remedied. Instead of copper, our metal of choice is silver, so that can be changed, too. I was so excited to find these wonderful candles from an Etsy vendor (Twigs and Blossoms):

They were a bit pricey; however, and it was a bit outside my budget to purchase enough for all the tables at the dinner. Then I found these:

Plain birch candles... AND they were very affordable. The plain ones (purchased from another Etsy vendor) cost me less than $25 for 8! Much more affordable than the first version. To add to my enthusiasm, I remembered that we have a wood-burning set at work. How hard can it be to draw some snowflakes?

As it turns out, it's not that hard. A bit time-consuming to be sure, but not hard at all. I'm actually quite thrilled with the results. I also plan to collect some pine cones, perhaps add a little sparkle to them, and some silver candles to complete the tablescape, but you'll have to stay tuned for more details about that!

3 comments:

  1. Ahh your candles turned out great! You could make a part time business out of that :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do your candles shrink over time? Did you kiln dry the candles? and if so, for how long?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you like my designs...twigsandblossoms

    ReplyDelete