Thursday, July 1, 2010

Cookie Condoms

Since this is my personal blog, I can call this post whatever I want. So "Cookie Condoms" it is. You'll see why I developed this inappropriate moniker in a bit.

When I began work on our OOT bags, I admit, it was with much gusto (My obsession has been chronicled here and here). I've been laboring over contents, design, distribution, etc. I've begun the process of collecting items, which has involved a great deal of internet research to find cost-efficient options. I found these adorable boxes of cookies:

at The English Tea Store. They had both key lime and coconut, which are such great choices for our OOT bags.

While the boxes are very cute, they don't match our colors. Now, admittedly, I have a problem. I'm a classic over-thinker (to borrow a line from The Office), so I decided to create a label to dress up the cookies. I didn't want to wrap the whole box like a present, because I thought it would be bulky and a bit amateurish. Ultimately, I decided to make a wrap out of kraft card stock.

So I pulled out my paper trimmer, bone folder, and scoring blade and went to work. Here are the wraps and cookie boxes, before they met:

Now sliding the wraps around the boxes was a bit trickier than I had imagined. I measured very carefully so that they would fit snugly, and boy did they ever (Hence my name for this post). I persevered; however, and triumphed over cardboard. I know I have a problem. Not everything has to have our logo and/or motif. But I can't help it; they are just so darn cute.

I created labels and printed them glossy photo paper, wrapped each box with brown ribbon, and affixed the label to the front:


Here they are, a box full of label addiction:

Next, I'm working on hot cocoa packets, lip balm, and sunscreen. Stay tuned as I continue to be my own worst enabler...

No comments:

Post a Comment